Thread: Spybot not in 'right-click' individual file popup menus?

Default Spybot not in 'right-click' individual file popup menus?

Just finishing up after doing a full reload of the OS (WinXP).

Installed Spybot 162. Previously, I had been running version 160.

I used to be able to go to an individual file or folder, say, in Docs, right click, and the popup menu included a button to scan with Spybot, allowing me to scan only the individual file.

Since my reload and subsequent install of Spybot, Spybot no longer appears as an option.

How do I get it back in the popup menu?

Thanks, Joe

Hello,

Spybot version 1.6 had the single files scan in the context menu. But there were so many complaints that we have decided to hide this feature in our new Spybot version 1.6.2.

You have to activate it manually.
    Enter your "Start" Windows panel on the lower left, choose "run" and enter the following command line parameter to activate it:
    "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDFiles.exe" /register

After that you'll get a notification that the command was successfull executed.

Now you can rightclick on a file and click on the tab SpybotS&D.
    The single file will be scanned.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Ah, thank you sooooo much Sandra - I never would have figured that out on my own

Joe

Thank you from me also. I like this feature and missed it when I moved up from XP Pro to Windows 7 Pro. It is enabled now and works fine.

SpybotSandra wrote:

Spybot version 1.6 had the single files scan in the context menu. But there were so many complaints that we have decided to hide this feature in our new Spybot version 1.6.2.
    Wow! I am surprised to hear there were so many complaints that this feature was hidden (but thankfully still included). I find it to be a very handy tool with shared files and dowloads. I can't help but wonder what the majority of the problem(s) was/were basis of the complaints?

Hello,

The majority of this problem was that a lot of users got confused by this feature and did not know how to open some files on their pc's.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot