Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help with Backdoor Trojan

after nearly 2 hours, thats the log it produced... bare with me, ill have to run it again i guess...

Emeritus- Security Expert peku006's Avatar

Hi Allison

Letīs try Kaspersky......

You can use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox for this scan.

Note: If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.

• Please go to Kaspersky website and perform an online antivirus scan.
    • Read through the requirements and privacy statement and click on Accept button.
    • It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions. You will be prompted to install an application from Kaspersky. Click Run.
    • When the downloads have finished, click on Settings.
    • Make sure these boxes are checked (ticked). If they are not, please tick them and click on the Save button:
      • Spyware, Adware, Dialers, and other potentially dangerous programs
      • Archives
    • Click on My Computer under Scan.
    • Once the scan is complete, it will display the results. Click on View Scan Report.
    • You will see a list of infected items there. Click on Save Report As....
    • Save this report to a convenient place. Change the Files of type to Text file (.txt) before clicking on the Save button.
    • Please post this log in your next reply

Thanks peku006
    I don't help with logs thru PM. If you have problems create a thread in the forum, please.

frustrating, i did the scan again, another hour and a half (plus) and the same log result, im soory if im doing something wrong, ive done ok to follow instructions and post logs to the prior requests, im baffled, ill try the other one you just suggested instead

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER 7.0: scan report
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, 32-bit Service Pack 2 (build 6002)
    Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 7.0.26.13
    Last database update: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 06:08:25
    Records in database: 4131285
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan settings:
    scan using the following database: extended
    Scan archives: yes
    Scan e-mail databases: yes

Scan area - My Computer:
    C:\
    D:\
    E:\
    F:\
    G:\
    H:\

Scan statistics:
    Objects scanned: 125453
    Threats found: 0
    Infected objects found: 0
    Suspicious objects found: 0
    Scan duration: 02:35:36

No threats found. Scanned area is clean.

Selected area has been scanned.

Hi Allison

At this stage your machine looks to be clean of malware, so the problems you are experiencing are not likely to be malware related.

Have you tried System File Checker ?

How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files

Thanks peku006
    I don't help with logs thru PM. If you have problems create a thread in the forum, please.

I got a funny feeling that when i downloaded, installed, updated and set setting for Search & Destroy (before i got help/response here but just after my 1st DSS & (DSS#1 in 1st post/top of post) here) that the S&D has kicked it (probally scheduled scans happing/done when i was unaware) and possibly cleaned up the malware(s)/virus, so im going to post the S&D logs, a fresh DSS (DSS#2) log (accompanied by a fresh Attach.txt((zipped)) attach.txt#2), and the SFC.exe log (couldnt work out the last part oin the linked info page about replacing the missing files, was a tad too complex for me to work that out from looking at SFC.exe log and trying to copy the example on the linked page of replacing these files as file name and paths were so different i couldnt apply it to my logged missing files, and get it right at all) So i hope all this new stuff helps to work out if malware/virus has gone, when comparing DSS#1 (inc with very 1st post here/top of page) to the new DSS#2 (done just now) along with the S&D logsand the SFC.exe logs, dam i need a rest, that was almost like...work...*gasp* lol

Hi Allison

All your logs are "clean" ,your problem is not due to malware.
    I think the best and fastest solution for you is to post on a PC troubleshooting forum like the Browsers, Internet & email forum at WhatTheTech. They specialize in handling problems like this so you are certain to get expert assistance and a speedy resolution is very likely.

I'm sorry that I could not be of more help to you, and I wish you the best of luck with solving your computer problems. If you have any questions or require any other assistance please let me know.

Thanks peku006

Id like to really Thank You for your time, effort, patience and help with dealing with these matters, im stll baffled to why the CPU runs at 100% all the time (esp when Internet Explorer is opened) and why i cannot get to the Windows Udate screen w/out the control panel crashing when i try, but the trojans/virus/malware do all now appear to be gone and me and my pc are happy we are cleaned of them.

Thanks once more for your assistance.

Allison.

As this issue appears to be resolved, this topic is now closed

We are pleased to have been some help in getting you clean.

If you have been helped and wish to donate to help with the costs of this volunteer site, please read :
    Your donation helps improving Spybot-S&D!