Thread: Running as Admin; Files Denied Access

Default Running as Admin; Files Denied Access

I'm very pleased that Spybot is finding things that Avast Free, Malwarebytes Antimalware and Adaware are missinf completely.

HOWEVER, I have tried several different ways to run Spybot as an adminstrator and I am still being denied access to removed files.

I was the first one to turn on this computer when it was new and I did not set up any restricted permissions. I have run Spybot under this sign in and I get "access denied" I have right-clicked the Spybot icon and selected "Run as Administrator" and am denied access.

I looked-up how to activate the hidden administrator account on Win7 and have run Spybot with this logon with and without clicking "RUn as Administrator. Each time, I am getting denied.

I get 15 different instance of malware detected (Fraud.WindowsProtectionSuite) and the first error when I click "Fix Selected Prolems" is

"Unexpected Error in Fixing Problems. Cannot create file C:\WIndows\System32\dirvers\etc\hosts". Access is Denied"

WHen I click "OK" I have to click it 15 times to make the message go away and then the fixing process is finished with nothing done. What am I doing wrong?

Just to be certain,the only time you are getting the Access Denied message is when you click fix selected problems?

I don't think you're doing anything wrong.Normally,rightclicking Spybot and selecting Run As Administrator from a standard account on Windows 7 is sufficient.
    However,in the past,some other posters have run into the "Unexpected Error in Fixing Problems. Cannot create file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts. Access is Denied" message when attempting to fix Fraud.WindowsProtectionSuite with Spybot,so I suggest asking for help in the Malware Removal Forum.

Please see "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Malware Removal:
    http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22