Thread: Unable to update

Unhappy Unable to update

I have removed and reinstalled 3 times now in the hope of fixing this. When I try to update, I get a message instead that says Please choose some updates from the list first. There is however no list to choose anything from, I see a flash on the screen but that is all. Also, it seems that the program is busy doing something, as I am unable to use it for a few seconds and I see a Not Responding at the top of the program window. I am running Windows 7 with 4 GB or ram. I do have AVG, and Ad-Aware installed, but that was never a problem before.

While uninstalling I tried the native uninstaller,. and then Revo uninstaller the next two times, each with a progressively more aggressive uninstall.

I may note, that Spybot continues to run and check for malware.
    Last edited by Franciscus; 2010-05-22 at 16:17.

There's a beta update here that you can try:
    http://forums.spybot.info/downloads.php?id=51
    You need to unzip the file into the main application folder,usually C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\

If that doesn't work,you can try going to your SDUpdate.exe file in your program folder: 
    C:\Program Files\ Spybot - Search & Destroy\
    Rightclick the file and choose properties.
    Go to the compatibility tab,and put a checkmark in front of "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select from the drop down menu "Windows XP". Now click "Apply" and then "OK".

If you cannot find sdupdate.exe,please scroll down this page to temporarily show hidden files and folders,then you can put it back to the way it was when you're done:
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial151.html
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2010-05-24 at 03:52.