Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ability to scan the registry

Default Ability to scan the registry

Great! Will this be able to scan the registry on the hard drive?

Peace...

Retired

Hello,
    sure it is. It is able to find the registry of the installed windows operating system to scan and fix it.

Best regards,
    Markus
    Team Spybot

It is awesome that SpyBot has a bootable version like this. Thanks for putting it out!

Retired

Thanks, I hope you enjoy the cd

Default Support Windows OS's

What Windows operating system's does the bootable CD support?

Hello,

It should work on all operating systems that will fit the hardware requirements.
    That would be:
    100 MB free disk space
    1 GHz processor
    512 MB Ram
    CD/DVD drive
    Internet access (recommended)

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

"Advanced Check Failed could not load library X:Program files\spybot search and destroy\advcheck.dll
    This is the error I get when booting to the Bootable Cd. Also all definitions that are scanned come up as an error. I have updated the definitions.

Hello,

Please try the following work arounds:

* when Spybot S&D starts after the update, close it
    * then restart Spybot S&D from the applications menu

if the work around above should not work and the update offers to update the advanced check library, deselect the advanced check library from the update.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by Wraabe View Post
    "Advanced Check Failed could not load library X:Program files\spybot search and destroy\advcheck.dll
    This is the error I get when booting to the Bootable Cd. Also all definitions that are scanned come up as an error. I have updated the definitions.
    I want to report that I, too, had the "advcheck.dll" error the first time I ran Spybot off the bootable CD. Maybe it's some kind of bug or other issue that could use a little fixing.

As I write this, it's doing the first scan on a Windows XP computer with 512MB RAM, and I haven't found any problems with the definitions (not yet, anyway). But I did notice that, after the Internet update, the total number of definitions is 783518, compared to the 1.29 million I've been seeing on my "regular" Spybot installations on my other PCs.

Hope this is helpful.

--JorgeA

Default Update

UPDATE: Spybot was not able to finish the scan I just described. I stepped away from that PC, and when I came back the display "xxx/783518" at the bottom had disappeared. When I tried to move the mouse, the pointer disappeared.

I restarted the computer, re-ran the updates, and started Spybot. Now I'm getting a "Runtime error 203 at 086D5135".

UPDATE 2: After I clicked on OK, the scan started anyway. But I started getting tons of "Out of memory" errors, apparently one for each and every definition. Stopped that scan, closed Spybot, and opened it again from the Applications menu. It seems to be running all right (so far).
    Last edited by JorgeA; 2010-10-22 at 18:17. Reason: Additional information