Thread: win32.delf.uv infection

Unhappy win32.delf.uv infection

I am not a highly technical person when it comes to computers, so I hope I do this right. I found today that my yahoo email account had sent spam to my entire address book. So I decided it would be a good idea to run spybot and see if I had any problems. I had 1 virtumonde that spybot seems to have taken care of, but it will not get rid of 2 Win32.delf.uv infections. I backed up my computer, but could not get DDS to run a report. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Security Expert: Emeritus Blade81's Avatar

Hi,

Do you use Yahoo email account via web browser only? You should change account password to new one via other computer.

• Download OTL to your desktop.
    • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
    • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
    • Copy-paste following contents into custom scan -area:
      netsvcs
      %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
      %systemroot%\*. /mp /s
      CREATERESTOREPOINT
      %systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
      %systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
      %systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
      %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90
    • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
      • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
      • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply. You may need two posts to fit them all in.
    Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2016-2020
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
    UNITE member since 2006

If you have problems create a thread in the forum, please.

Malware removal instructions are for the correspondent user's case only.

This thread has been closed due to inactivity.

If you still require help, please start a new topic and include a DDS log with a link to your previous thread.

Please do not add any logs that might have been requested previously, you would be starting fresh.

Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start your own topic.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016