Thread: Daurso trojan: everything google affected

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Daurso trojan: everything google affected

Hi,

Several days ago AVG/Windows notified me that I had win32/Daurso.A trojan, and that the threat was "severe". Apparently this tries to go in and get ftp info and I don't entirely understand the effect that should/could have on my system.

I went into safe mode and ran Spybot, Malware Bytes, and AVG full scans, which took hours. A trojan was found by Spybot, but it had a different name. It was hiding in Adobe Illustrator. I quarantined and deleted it. Things seemed to be working fine in regular mode and I ran several subsequent scans with various software, coming up with no problems. I also cleaned my registry with Easy Cleaner.

Then I began having problems doing my online work. I could get online but every time I pulled up google or gmail things got weird. I work for Leapforce and sign into a google subpage (www.google.com/x/x/x) and have to be signed into my gmail account to work. I also am required to use firefox with a specific toolbar that keeps track of my hours and the projects I do. Well, the Leapforce people cannot tell anymore when I am signed in to my toolbar and when I get projects for work, I cannot submit them. I am helpless and cannot work, thus cannot make a living right now. This disconnect from my work is all related to google and happened in direct correlation with acquiring Daurso.

I reinstalled Firefox and my toolbar. I also have been getting the error box "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022)." It asks me to click OK to terminate the application. I am running Windows XP. In accordance with my research on this error I went into safe mode and via command prompts, went in and allowed all users access to all .dll files. This has not helped. I still cannot work and am having to use bing or other search engines, as google use causes my computer to slow, act as if it is not online, etc., and I am avoiding it. I will either redo my machine, which would be a pain because of some hefty programs I don't want to lose, and a great deal of data I'd have to back up, but if it is possible to fix some basic problems and have a working computer again, I would be thrilled!

Thanks to anyone who has advice. It will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by tashi; 2010-06-17 at 20:42. Reason: Date of archive