Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spybot v1.4 Keeps Crashing

Check which processes are running and write processes which are running.
    Maybe some process making this problem.

I have the same issue, but it always freezes on check 279xx/44151 or somewhere around there. (always Windows.RedirectedHosts) I've had BSOD's with PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (nt4_disp.dll, win32k.sys) errors but reformatting has fixed that. Now I get "Access Violation" errors when it reaches there, or Spybot S+D just shuts itself down.

Then when I restart, i get a dialog saying "This application has been changed since it was created.

Since Spybot-S&D does not change itself, we recommend you check your system for malware and virusses instantly!"

note that my system is clean.

Hello,

This is a little bug in our current version.
    We have already been able to locate and fix it.
    The fix will be downloadable with our next program upgrade. We hope that this will be available soon.
    If you do not want to wait please try this link:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/file...sd141pefix.zip
    This is a beta version of Spybot-S&D where this bug should be fixed.
    This zip file contains the exe file. Just copy it to your Spybot-S&D folder over the old spybot file.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

thanks for the fix... but i still get the same sorta error.

i'm wondering if there's a conflict with ie-spyad

Hello,

Similar errors at various points during the scan have been reported on numerous occasions by people running Windows 95/98/ME systems.

The scan terminates when the error occurs.

You can translate (German to English) using:
    http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/

Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse = Access injury with address (or more correctly Access violation at address)
    Modul = Module
    Lesen von Adresse = Reading from address

This (in German):
    Error during check!: --- various --- [Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 005FD5D2 in Modul 'SPYBOTSD.EXT'. Lesen von Adresse xxxxxFFF] ()
    Becomes (in English):
    Error during check!: --- various --- [Access violation at address 005FD5D2 in Module 'SPYBOTSD.EXT'. Reading from address xxxxxFFF] ()

The error seems to be transient in nature and other people seem to have been able to overcome the error by limiting the system resources used by other processes in the system.
    In other words, run as little as possible while running the Spybot scan.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

I think i've cracked it. I have 512MB PC2100 RAM running alongside 256MB PC2100 RAM and I think the 512MB might be faulty.

I've removed the 512MB RAM and now the scan completes.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

xonnected:

Memory testing - just another undocumented benefit of Spybot.

If you want further proof, you could run a memory test.

If your system didn't come with diagnostic routines including a memory test there is one here:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan
    xonnected:

Memory testing - just another undocumented benefit of Spybot.

If you want further proof, you could run a memory test.

If your system didn't come with diagnostic routines including a memory test there is one here:
    even better, md usa spybot fan. Get MemTest86+, which supports new computers with newer hardware. Get MemTest86+ at the memtest.org web site:
    http://www.memtest.org/

Quote Originally Posted by xonnected
    I have the same issue, but it always freezes on check 279xx/44151 or somewhere around there. (always Windows.RedirectedHosts) I've had BSOD's with PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (nt4_disp.dll, win32k.sys) errors but reformatting has fixed that. Now I get "Access Violation" errors when it reaches there, or Spybot S+D just shuts itself down.

Then when I restart, i get a dialog saying "This application has been changed since it was created.

Since Spybot-S&D does not change itself, we recommend you check your system for malware and virusses instantly!"

note that my system is clean.
    what version of Windows do you have on your computer, xonnected? right-click on the My Computer icon on the desktop and choose Properties to check version of Windows.

i fixed this problem after i had my issue with the memory, but the last few weeks my problem has come back. this time i have no issues with my memory. i'm not sure what's wrong now. :|

I'm running MS Windows XP SP2