Thread: Huge Registry Rewrite Problem

Unhappy Huge Registry Rewrite Problem

Soooo, here's the deal, I just bought my laptop and I downloaded Spybot. After installing it and all, I started getting 5468974389 pop-ups from it about rewriting my registry to what Spybot wanted. I thought I had picked to not edit it. (The language was mega confusing so I am not sure.) This kept popping up for various things every time I tried to download. I got tired of it and uninstalled Spybot. I am still getting "corrupted file" notices. I tried to uninstall the other software, redownload, reinstall - same thing. UGH!

How in the world can I go back and take off EVERYTHING Spybot changed? Having said this is a new laptop, no restore point was on it (Crazy!) so that is not even an option. But I cannot deal with not being able to download or use my PC because of this.

Please help me. ... Thank you so very much in advance!

Hello,

Please right-click the Resident icon in the system tray "Spybot S&D resident" and select "Settings". There you will find 4 lists for remembered decisions (allowed/denied processes and registry changes). In order to remove an entry just click on the cross next to it. TeaTimer will then "forget" this decision and you will be asked again the next time.

If you want to use Spybot without the resident feature you can disable TeaTimer as follows:
    - Go into Spybot - Mode - Advanced Mode - Tools - Resident.
    - Uncheck the following: Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot