Thread: False positive for Adultfriendfinder.com

Default False positive for Adultfriendfinder.com

Dear spybot team,

I am contacting you on behalf of Various Inc. and Friendfinder Networks Inc., who owns adultfriendfinder.com and cams.com. We have had many reports from our members that they are unable to log into our site(s). We have determined that your recent release/update to your immunizations has added our site to a list of blacklisted sites within your program. As a result our members are unable to log into our site. We request that you remove the entry for adult-friends-finder.net www.adult-friends-finder.net which is added to the host file of the users after the immunization.
    Last edited by Yodama; 2010-06-24 at 08:37.

Hi FFN_tier2,

Quote Originally Posted by FFN_tier2 View Post
    We request that you remove the entry for adult-friends-finder.net www.adult-friends-finder.net which is added to the host file of the users after the immunization.
    Only when I check adult-friends-finder.net with WOT (Web of Trust), I can understand that Team Spybot added this site into the host file... Well, that's not an official explanation... only my personal opinion...

I'm sure that someone from Team Spybot will give you a "better" answer.
    Last edited by Matt; 2010-06-24 at 00:57.
    Best regards - Beste Grüße,

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by FFN_tier2 View Post
    Dear spybot team,

I am contacting you on behalf of Various Inc. and Friendfinder Networks Inc., who owns adultfriendfinder.com and cams.com. We have had many reports from our members that they are unable to log into our site(s). We have determined that your recent release/update to your immunizations has added our site to a list of blacklisted sites within your program. As a result our members are unable to log into our site. We request that you remove the entry for adult-friends-finder.net www.adult-friends-finder.net which is added to the host file of the users after the immunization.
    Since the domain is registered through an whois anonymizer and the content of the domain in question does not match with the member site as described I have no reason to believe you and thus I will not take the domain from our blacklist.

Corporate domains without proper whois information and promotion by criminal affiliates often get blacklisted. Corporations should always enter proper whois information so their domains can get identified and they should make sure that advertising affiliates are not criminal. Spammers are criminals, you usually do not see the mafia do promotion for corporations in real life because the corporations only let proper advertisers advertise in real life and not someone unknown, so why should this be different on the internet?
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Dear Yodama,

Thank you for your response to my initial query. Upon further research, it is not the host file block that is causing the issue.

If a user of your product runs the most recent immunization, spybot then blocks the cookie for our site www.adultfriendfinder.com

We found this by downloading your program, installing the program, running the immunization.

We then went to tools>internet options>privacy tab>sites. With in this section of IE our site was added to be blocked at all times.

We would like this to be removed from your program at this time.

Thank you for your assistance.

hello,

unblocking the cookie for adultfriendfinder appears to be a viable option.
    The changes will be effective with the next detection update scheduled for Wednesday 2010-06-30.

Spybot S&D Downloads

Yodama... Thank you for your prompt assistance in addressing this matter. Is it possible to add adultfriendfinder.com and cams.com to your white list since this is the second occurrence our site being blocked? (I believe our domains were added to the hosts file last time). The last immunization generated a significant amount of support calls for us.

Thanks again

There have been no recent changes to our hosts file concerning adultfriendfinder.com and cams.com, both domains were added 2009-04-06 and removed 2009-04-14.
    Both sites are reachable with full Immunization in place. Hosts file Immunization would prevent reaching blacklisted sites while the SDHelper would prevent blacklisted sites to be entered in the addressbar.

Spybot S&D Downloads