Thread: Problem installing Spybot S&D

Default Problem installing Spybot S&D

Sorry if i have put this in the wrong place but have been looking every where on the forum where to write about my problem.

My problem is that somehow first i cant seem to get to the original homepage for search and destroy. Second when i have tried downloading S&D from other homepages and come to the last bit where everthing is rdy to download and install the program i get this mess.

"Error sending request. Servername or Serveraddres could not be matched"

Now I am not the brightest when it comes to computer just like to play on them so. Is it me who is doing some stupid mistake or is it a malware virus or what you call it who is preventing me from downloading the program?

I have just reboted my computer cleaned everything and got myself windows 7. but the problem is still there, befor and after the reboot/new install of windows 7.

Right now i am fishing in the dark and dont know what to do, would appreciate if its possible to get any suggestion or help on what to do.

Hello Berra,
    Quote Originally Posted by Berra View Post
    My problem is that somehow first i cant seem to get to the original homepage for search and destroy. Second when i have tried downloading S&D from other homepages
    By other home pages do you mean the mirrored downloads linked from Safer Networking's home page or a different site?
    or is it a malware virus or what you call it who is preventing me from downloading the program?
    Possibly, certain infections can prevent users from downloading security programs. But that is not always the issue. Had the computer shown signs of infection?
    I have just reboted my computer cleaned everything and got myself windows 7. but the problem is still there, befor and after the reboot/new install of windows 7.
    Which operating system did you have previously? Could you clarify "cleaning everything" and "got myself Windows 7" please.

Also please list all security programs installed.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default Problem installing on Windows 7 32bit

The program tries to call home without me wanting it to.
    How can I turn off the update that is attempted at setup?
    In XP it will just continue.
    Here it stops.
    What is wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by jangirke View Post
    The program tries to call home without me wanting it to.
    How can I turn off the update that is attempted at setup?
    In XP it will just continue.
    Here it stops.
    What is wrong?
    During set-up,when you get to the Select Components screen,uncheck Download updates immediately.hth.

Smile Ooops. Haven't checked.

Thanks worked, just didn't check.

You're welcome.Glad it worked.