Thread: TeaTimer is a CPU hog

Angry TeaTimer is a CPU hog

I'm noticing that TeaTimer is taking up 50% of my CPU usage. It definitely shows on my laptop, because when TeaTimer is loaded into memory the fans on the computer go full blast. If I am not plugged into an AC Adapter it will drain the battery in about 2 or 3 minutes, all because TeaTimer is running.

This is after a clean reboot. I've run all the newest updates.

Isn't half of my CPU's processing power and 129k of memory just a little too much horsepower for a utility that just scans for registry changes? What else is TeaTimer doing in the background that I am not aware of?

One thing I am curious about, is there a way to find an older version of TeaTimer? The older versions did everything that this one does, but it had a MUCH smaller footprint.

Anyone else know what it going on here?

I have this problem too when I first log on, but it seems to settle down after a few minutes.

Hello,

When the computer is running for a long time without a standby, reboot, or shutdown memory consumption of a (refers to any) can slightly increase.

It's taking that much because TeaTimer is a Resident Shield that actively protects you from malware. I would suggest you reboot and see how it goes. Usually TeaTimer will take up 35-50MB of RAM. Seeing that modern PCs built today have more RAM and resources, 80MB should be nothing.

If this does not help you can disable TeaTimer as follows:
    - Go into Spybot - Mode - Advanced Mode - Tools - Resident.
    - Uncheck the following: Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.
    O God! can I not save
    One from the pitiless wave?
    Is all that we see or seem
    But a dream within a dream?