Thread: Computer Crashes When I Use the Immunize Feature

Default Computer Crashes When I Use the Immunize Feature

Hi -

I recently downloaded Spybot Search & Destroy 1.60.31. My OS is Microsoft XP service pack 3. Every time I try to Immunize my computer crashes. The first several error matches said that the error report was also corrupt but the last time it said the following:
    Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 8062f5b1, parameter3 a734b948, parameter4 00000000.

In additional Mozilla Foxfire 3.6.6 (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.6) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)) is crashing like crazy. I don't know whether the issues are related or not.

So far I've run and installed all Microsoft Updates except IE v 8. Also, I have used various free virus removal software in the past but I don't have anything else actively installed at present.

Could someone recommend next best steps? Do you think I should uninstall Firefox? (I hope not because when it isn't crashing I love it!)

THANK YOU!

The latest release of SpyBot Search & Destroy is 1.6.2.46 and can be downloaded from one of the mirrors at http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html. Download and install it.

Default More Trouble

John, thanks for replying. I just installed the version you suggested and had more crash problems. I also got a message the S&D had been change since it was installed which said I might have a virus but perhaps it just recognized some trace of the old version. It is very confusing. I uninstalled Firefox so my Firefox issues aren't related. Can you recommend anything?

I've attached a few S&D reports.