Thread: Lag Spikes

Default Lag Spikes

Lately I have been running into a number of lag spikes that make gaming unbearable. It happens about 10 minutes into any game I am playing and lasts for like 5 mins then it is gone. Then it comes back again. Could I be infected? I run AVG and nothing comes up. I also run Spy bot and nothing comes up. Task manager says I am running AA.exe *32 and it is using 25 on the cpu. don't know if that is anything. Never ran into this before. I am running on dsl and I guess it could be the router but I don't know. System is less then 1 year old running on 6 gigs of ram 64 bit Operating system. Can anybody help?
    Did a system health report and noticed that D drive has less then 15 percent free disc space and Microsoft 6to4 adapter is reporting tv_configMgrErr31 not working properly. downloaded new driver and Microsoft says that driver is already up to date.

Sorry I copied this thread and posted it in Malware, I don't know how to unpost it.
    Last edited by tashi; 2010-07-14 at 05:05. Reason: Removed malware forum topic :-)

Hello Mick1970,
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick1970 View Post
    Sorry I copied this thread and posted it in Malware, I don't know how to unpost it.
    "Last edited by tashi; Today at 08:05 PM. Reason: Removed malware forum topic :-) "

I see you have re-posted in the Malware forum: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=58514

Please follow the instructions in this link to post a preliminary DDS log: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Then start a new topic in the Malware Removal Forum and copy paste the log into it, an analyst will advise you as soon as available.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Gotcha thanx!