Thread: Can not remove Fraud Windows Protection Suite

Thumbs down Can not remove Fraud Windows Protection Suite

OS. Win2000
    Spybot 1.6.2

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware found FraudWindowsProtectionSuite and Microsoft.Windows.RedirectedHost. I used this software to try to remove it.
    The software said it was successfully removed and than I rebooted and rescanned again. Mbam said it was clean.

I then rebooted and scanned with Spybot S&D.
    Spybot S&D finds FraudWindowsProtectionSuite and Microsoft.Windows.RedirectedHost
    When S&D tries to fix the problem a box pops up and says:
    unexpected error in fixing problems (cannot create file "C:\WINNT\System32\drivers\etc\hosts", Access is denied)
    I used Alt-F4 to close this warning box
    This pop up box may be from Fraud Windows Protection Suite. The box does not show who it is from, so it could be the OS , Virus, or S&D.

How do I remove FraudWindowsProtectionSuite and Microsoft.Windows.RedirectedHost?

Hello 300SD,

Sorry to hear of the problem. Please see this FAQ which also includes instructions on posting a preliminary DDS log: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Then start a new topic in the Malware Removal Forum and copy paste the log into it, an analyst will advise you as soon as available.

If DDS won't run please start a new thread anyway and make note of the situation.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016