Thread: Immunizing Spybot deletes Opera cookies

Default Immunizing Spybot deletes Opera cookies

Every time I immunize Spybot, it changes the cookie settings for individual sites in Opera, with the result that all cookies are deleted.

The standard ("global") cookie setting in Opera is to delete everything in the cache when I close Opera. So in order to have automatic login on various sites, I set Opera to not delete cookies for those particular sites. Spybot seems to not like this as Spybot will always tick the "delete cookies on exit" checkbox during immunization. So after immunization I have to reverse this cookie setting for every site I need to remember my cookies.

Something else that is strange:
    When I untick the "delete cookies on exit" checkbox for one random site, almost all cookies are from this moment unprotected in Spybot. Why do I lose immunization for more than 100 cookies when I change cookies settings for just ONE website?

I have made a topic about this before, but it's two years old and I was not so good at describing the problem in that thread. So I decided to make a new thread.
    The problem is old and both Spybot and Оpera has been upgraded/updated since the first time it was reported.

Now using:
    Spybot 1.6.2.46
    Оpera 9.64
    (Win XP)

No one knows anything about this problem?

I don't fully understand your problem. I don't see the "delete cookies on exit" checkbox that you referenced in Opera. There is a "delete NEW cookies when exiting Opera" checkbox. What version of Opera are you using? Opera does delete tmp files in its cache upon exiting except when it crashes (which is quite often, unfortunately), but it does not appear to clear cookies. I also don't really understand how Spybot immunizes cookies in Opera, but I do lose all saved login data for most websites afterwards and have to log back in, which is rather annoying.

EDIT: Oh I see you're using Opera 9.64. I haven't used that version in a long time, having since upgraded to 10.54 currently.
    Last edited by Eagle2a; 2010-08-05 at 18:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle2a View Post
    I don't fully understand your problem. I don't see the "delete cookies on exit" checkbox that you referenced in Opera. There is a "delete NEW cookies when exiting Opera" checkbox. What version of Opera are you using? Opera does delete tmp files in its cache upon exiting except when it crashes (which is quite often, unfortunately), but it does not appear to clear cookies. I also don't really understand how Spybot immunizes cookies in Opera, but I do lose all saved login data for most websites afterwards and have to log back in, which is rather annoying.

EDIT: Oh I see you're using Opera 9.64. I haven't used that version in a long time, having since upgraded to 10.54 currently.
    Sorry, it was the "new cookies" checkbox.
    I use version 9.64 and it never crashes. (I stick with 9.64 because of hardware limitations.)

Since I started this topic, the nature of the problem has changed for the worse. Now, every login sessions are lost also if I have not ran Spybot.

Before, I would lose the sessions only when I immunized, now the sessions are lost the moment I close Opera.

The only that has changed on my system since I started this topic, is that I have updated Spybot...