Thread: Antivir Solutions Pro infection - please help

Default Antivir Solutions Pro infection - please help

My daughter was on Facebook earlier today, and several "pop ups" that are clearly a virus popped onto the screen. She didn't click on anything, and by the time I got to the computer to look, there were multiple things on the screen asking if I wanted to "run antivirus software now." I knew this was bad news - I tried a Ctrl-Alt-Del to close everything, and that did not work. I managed to manually close Google Chrome, then I unplugged my network cable that goes to my router from that computer, and shut the computer down.

Upon restarting, I tried to run Spybot Search and Destroy - the "antivirus software" said that a file was infected, and it wouldn't start that. I tried to open Chrome again, and it wouldn't open at all. I tried Windows Explorer, and every page I tried - Google, Yahoo, etc. - simple said something like, "Opening this page could damage your computer - do you want to run your antivirus software." Of course, I knew I didn't, because I never downloaded "Antivir Solutions Pro."

Help would be immensely appreciated. Please let me know what other information you need to get started. Thank you.

Never mind - got tired of waiting and found a fix online, and computer works fine now. Also installed a REAL antivirus software and performed a full scan - my computer is definitely clean, as it turned up no evidence of this infection.

Thanks anyway - please delete thread.

Security Expert: Emeritus Blade81's Avatar

BEFORE you POST (READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance).

Fixes needed for cases are not 100% same though some visible symptoms may be similar. That's why it's not advisable to follow instructions provided for some other user.

This as a hint for readers of this topic
    Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2016-2020
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
    UNITE member since 2006

If you have problems create a thread in the forum, please.

Malware removal instructions are for the correspondent user's case only.