Thread: How do I search the forum for posts on Windows 7?

Default How do I search the forum for posts on Windows 7?

My new PC runs under Windows 7 so I thought I'd do a search on the forum to see if there were any issues etc. Unfortunately the Spybot search engine deletes the 7, leaving just Windows. Putting quotes around Windows 7 is no better - the search engine still deletes the 7. Is there any way around this problem?

Hello Berzelius,

Try performing a search on Windows7.

A specific issue would need to be added, do you have one in mind?

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

What I am interested in, as a new user of Windows 7, are any posts in the Spybot forums dealing with using Spybot with Windows 7; problems, best usage, tips etc.

To clarify exactly what I have done.

I went to Spybot Search and entered the words Windows 7 into the search box. The results page said that 7 had been removed as either being too long, too short or too common. I was therefore left with a very large set of search results for Windows, 10 pages worth, far too many to be useful.

I then tried entering the words "Windows 7", including the quotes, into the search box but the results page still said that 7 had been removed and I was again left with a large set of results for Windows.

Following your suggestion of being more specific, I entered the words Windows 7 problems, but the search engine still deleted the 7.

So, my specific question is: how, using the Spybot search engine, do I obtain a list of posts in which users have specifically asked questions (any questions) about Windows 7?

Hello Berzelius,
    Quote Originally Posted by Berzelius View Post
    What I am interested in, as a new user of Windows 7, are any posts in the Spybot forums dealing with using Spybot with Windows 7; problems, best usage, tips etc.
    As far as I know, there are no issues with Windows 7 and Spybot-S&D.
    I then tried entering the words "Windows 7", including the quotes, into the search box but the results page still said that 7 had been removed and I was again left with a large set of results for Windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Try performing a search on Windows7.
    Windows7, one word, no spaces.
    So, my specific question is: how, using the Spybot search engine, do I obtain a list of posts in which users have specifically asked questions (any questions) about Windows 7?
    The search engine is actually in the site's board software.

Microsoft has its "Answers" forums, you may find this link devoted to Win7 useful: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...egory/windows7

Hope that helps.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Many thanks for the reply. Entering Windows 7 as one word does seem to work. Ah, where would be be without the pleasures of the little foibles of search engines!

Re your comment, on no problems between Spybot and Win 7, I'm sure that, in general, you're correct. However, now that I know how to modify the search terms I see that one or two people are having issues with Win 7, something that it's useful to know. My experience over the years is that any problem you have has almost certainly been observed, and probably solved, by someone somewhere - the difficulty is finding them on the Internet.