Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Searches being redirected

Today I can't get on at all. I have a blue screen

Malware Team: Emeritus

Hi azlady,

That is not good, try this below

Start your computer.

When you see the "Please select the operating system to start" message, press the F8 key.
    When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, use the ARROW keys to select Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked), and then press ENTER.
    If you are running other operating systems on your computer, use the ARROW keys to select Microsoft Windows XP, and then press ENTER.

Post back and ket me know the outcome.

Member of UNITE and ASAP

Use these instructions please, not the instructions from last post, the first line in the first instructions confuse you.

Start your computer

Turn the computer on, and begin tapping the F8 key (if this doesn't work try the F5 key).
    When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, use the ARROW keys to select Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked), and then press ENTER.
    If you are running other operating systems on your computer, use the ARROW keys to select Microsoft Windows XP, and then press ENTER

Restart try and boot your system again.

Let me know how it went.
    Member of UNITE and ASAP

I already tried that. It goes back to the blue screen. I guess thats the end of it. Thanks anyway for your help.

Hi azlady,

I guess thats the end of it. Thanks anyway for your help

Along with the other issues you have been having I think we can safely say this is down to the malware you have on-board.

When we installed Combofix it did install the recovery console that can be used to repair none boot-able systems, but the trouble is
    that we don't know what and how much damage has been done to your system files, we could be going back and forth for days trying to fix this, only to perform a reformat in the end,
    A reformat and reinstall of windows now could fix all problems, and have your system up and running for you a lot quicker for you,
    I hate to say it, but under the circumstances I think a reformat is the prudent course of action, are you going to need any help with this ???.
    Member of UNITE and ASAP

Visiting Fellow

This topic has been archived due to inactivity.

If it has been three days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to which you did not reply, your thread will not be re-opened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a new DDS log with a link to your previous thread. Please do not add any logs that might have been requested previously, you would be starting fresh.

If it has been less than three days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send your helper a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.