Thread: Little Help Needed.

Exclamation Little Help Needed.

my computer started to working a little strange after i try to use a suspect software ( i know i know) i have AVG 9 and Spybot and another software that i use 1 time by week to prevent virus and spuware so, i though it was not so dangerous to try it, i will scan after if i need. The thing is, after deleted the damn software ( next time i'll not even try them trust me - i will follow my instinct lol) i scanned my computer with AVG first, nothing! then to be sure i started my scan of spybot and it found some bad things but he remove them except for one, that i need to reboot to remove the last of them, so i rebooted....

after the next scan (after the reboot) and spybot remove the files, i took no chance and i started AVG to scan the entire computer again, i found out that EVERY SINGLE .DLL of ALL PROGRAMS ( those that i installed and are located in program files folder ) are infected with a "Unknown" Virus (AVG really displayed the term "unknown" ) .....

what i cant understand is... if it is unknown.... why avg detect them, and why AFTER the Spybot scan and remove + reboot?

This one will be a good challenge this time hahah.
    someone have an idea what is appened ?

(sorry i have no screenshot for now, i'm not home)

Hello NeoDarkHunt,
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoDarkHunt View Post
    i started AVG to scan the entire computer again, i found out that EVERY SINGLE .DLL of ALL PROGRAMS ( those that i installed and are located in program files folder ) are infected with a "Unknown" Virus (AVG really displayed the term "unknown" ) .....

what i cant understand is... if it is unknown.... why avg detect them, and why AFTER the Spybot scan and remove + reboot?
    AVG's forum might be the best place to start.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello NeoDarkHunt,

AVG's forum might be the best place to start.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards.
    i already found on google something about "the virus description" 271.1.1 made false detection and the anti virus put the file in quarantine so you can use it anymore, so i try to replace avg with Avira..... I got same kind of problem but it's not the same "unknown" i got w32/infector.gen2 and im pretty sure i didnt see this one with avg.... but still.... i got a detection windows every 2 or 3 min that inform me that something is attacking my program files folder. ( not windows...only in program files strange ??)

MORE: what i think is really strange, i have a usb hard drive for backup. If i scan it with my anti virus from my XP computer, i got something, and when i scan it with my vista computer ( the 2 same antivirus (AVG and Avira) i found NOTHING..... someone can tell me what the f*** is going on? haha

i plan to back up my files tonight and maybe formatting later, but i really want to fix the problem before, in case this return one day.

and forgot to mention: it's always a .DLL thst is detected. no exe detection...always a .dll files needed for a software that is "corrupted" and detected....
    Last edited by NeoDarkHunt; 2010-08-09 at 00:45. Reason: forgot to mention

Hi NeoDarkHunt,
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoDarkHunt View Post
    MORE: what i think is really strange, i have a usb hard drive for backup. If i scan it with my anti virus from my XP computer, i got something, and when i scan it with my vista computer ( the 2 same antivirus (AVG and Avira) i found NOTHING..... someone can tell me what the f*** is going on? haha

i plan to back up my files tonight and maybe formatting later, but i really want to fix the problem before, in case this return one day.
    If you would like someone to check the system please see this FAQ to post a preliminary DDS log: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Then start a new topic in the Malware Removal Forum and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available.

Also provide a link back to this thread.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016