Thread: Spybot cannot "Fix Problems"

Default Spybot cannot "Fix Problems"

I am using the latest version of Spybot with a Windows XP Professional computer. After running a Spybot manual scan and then clicking on "Fix Problems," my cursor stayed as an hourglass and Spybot became non-responsive. I had to close Spybot with Windows' Task Manager. I tried this procedure three times (one after a reboot) and got the same results. I then uninstalled Spybot and reinstalled it, but again the same problem occurred.
    What could be causing this problem and how do I correct it?
    Thanks.
    Richard

Hello,

Please disable all other security programs that you run and close all other programs during the work with Spybot - Search & Destroy.

Also run a scan in safe mode. That should fix it.

It should also help to deactivate the scanning for usage tracks and Cookies.
    Please run Spybot-S&D and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode". Now select "Settings" --> "File Sets" in the navigation bar on the left. The checkboxes in front of "Usage tracking, Beta.uti, NewTracks.uti and Tracks.uti" have to be unticked if you do not want to find usage tracks anymore. For excluding Cookies from the search deactivate the checkbox in front of Cookies.sbi.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot