Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unexpected error in fixing problems

Quote Originally Posted by jmpco View Post
    Oops, sorry, I can see the link explaining how!

Jon
    Sandra

Update.

In safe mode i was still unable to delete the old file.

However, while there I was able to simply move the "etc" folder into another folder, and then delete it from there.

I had previously copied all the other files in the "etc" folder into another folder, which i then renamed to "etc" and then placed in to the diver folder.

Having turned my pc back on in normal mode all seams to be working fine, and my browser also seams to work fine also.

I am currently running the Scan again using SpyBot Search & Destroy, and I'll let you (and others know) how I get on when I go to "fix problems".

Thanks again for your help , I would not have had a clue where to start.

All the best

Jon
    Last edited by jmpco; 2010-08-31 at 16:30.

Smile

Sandra

Update.

In safe mode i was still unable to delete the old file.

However, while there I was able to simply move the "etc" folder into another folder, and then delete it from there.

I had previously copied all the other files in the "etc" folder into another folder, which i then renamed to "etc" and then placed in to the diver folder.

Having turned my pc back on in normal mode all seams to be working fine, and my browser also seams to work fine also.

I am currently running the Scan again using SpyBot Search & Destroy, and I'll let you (and others know) how I get on when I go to "fix problems".

Thanks again for your help , I would not have had a clue where to start.

All the best

Jon
    To Sandra and the Team.
    Many, Many thanks

To Sandra,

Thanks for...
    1. your virtually instant reply to my enquiry
    2. your comprehensive advice and instructions
    3. your patience

I have now run Spybot Search & Destroy, it located numerous malicious files, as advertised, and my PC, including my web browser (hijacked) is now running like new.

Wonderful!

I shall be making a donation based on the typical price asked for 'in advance of results' by many other solutions.

I hope this thread serves to help others with similar problems, I will certainly direct other users i know to Spybot as a solution, to this forum, and this thread.

All the best

Jon
    Last edited by jmpco; 2010-08-31 at 18:18.

Hi jmpco,
    I have now run Spybot Search & Destroy, it located numerous malicious files, as advertised, and my PC, including my web browser (hijacked) is now running like new.

Wonderful!
    Glad to hear it.
    To Sandra and the Team.
    I shall be making a donation based on the typical price asked for 'in advance of results' by many other solutions.

I hope this thread serves to help others with similar problems, I will certainly direct other users i know to Spybot as a solution, to this forum, and this thread.

All the best to you too.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016