Thread: Please team - new release + more support

Default Please team - new release + more support

Hello Friends

Im Duda Melo, manager TI in Brazil!

Sorry, my english is TERRIBLE !!!

Please, insert CHROME support in SPYBOT, is possible?

FIREFOX + IE + CHROME = NEW RELEASE 1.7/2.0 Alpha Test

Please?!

Thaks guys!

GO TEAM !!!

Hello,

Chrome has no mechanisms for immunization, but there will be a plugin for live-blocking in Spybot 2.0.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Exclamation a response to the boilerplate

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

Chrome has no mechanisms for immunization, but there will be a plugin for live-blocking in Spybot 2.0.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    This extension says otherwise: https://chrome.google.com/extensions...namgkkbiglidom
    New in version 2.0: Ads are actually BLOCKED FROM DOWNLOADING now, instead of just being removed after the fact!

Note that Chrome doesn't actually support this all the way, so a few resources might still load before AdBlock can get to them, in which case we'll remove those as usual. AdBlock does block resources flawlessly in Safari -- get it at safariadblock.com.

Hello,

As I said above there will be a live blocking feature.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

As I said above there will be a live blocking feature.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    What I was complaining about was this part:
    Chrome has no mechanisms for immunization
    I mean, it's not like Michael Gundlach patched Chrome to allow it to block content; that's been part of Webkit for a few months now (so Safari should also be able to be immunized, and it is available on Windows).

Also, Iron has a more obvious means of immunization (adblock.ini file in its program directory), and now that it is in the browserchoice.eu browser ballot and can be set as the default browser this one even seems important enough to immunize; it would basically consist of using the Opera urlfilter.ini entries without those wildcards, unless SRWare Iron suddenly started supporting them...

By the way, Chromium (any browser based on it as well) allows to map domains to 127.0.0.1, for example, like:

--host-rules="MAP * 127.0.0.1, EXCLUDE forums.spybot.info","MAP *.spybot.info 127.0.0.1","etc"

There is a limit for the amount of input, using command line, due to Windows limitation.

I'm wondering if Spybot could play with such feature, and divide into more than one batch file, so that, for example, one could actually block access to a lot domains, rather than having a HOSTS file?

I'm not sure if it is doable, but I'm wondering. And hurts nothing to share doubts. Ideas come out of doubts.

Regards