Thread: ...error messages on Spybot RUN

Default ...error messages on Spybot RUN

....using XP and IE8 (but it was happening in IE7) as well, a number of issues have come up lately, and following a raft of MS and IE updates, things seem to have got worse,

So, now, when I run 'update' in Spybot, I'm getting:

'the external update application has been corrupted. Please make sure you download the 'Updater' update to replace it !'

'the external 'Blindman' application has been corrupted. Please use the update function to get it again!'

'the external 'Tools' library has been corrupted. Please use the update function to get it again!'

I'm running 1.6.2.46, and I have tried both updating it (and it gives a list, and I install all - none of which are the items above, btw.....), and an uninstall and re-install.

The net result is that if I run the application, naturally I'm getting a zillion 'Error during check' messages..........

I'm not an IT person, but not afraid to root around, so I'd appreciate some help !

Hello,

Please uninstall Spybot - Search & Destroy according to the following link.
    Also delete this folder and it's whole content by hand:
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\
    Then make a fresh system start.
    After that make a fresh install of Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6.2.
    Therefore choose the direct installation file.

Please make also sure that you have closed the browser during the scan with Spybot. If you have installed any other security applications please close them or disable them during the scan.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot