Thread: Help help help

Default Help help help

Hi all

I am not a techy and i dont have a clue about pcs and software etc.. but just recently on my laptop i keep getting pop ups asking if i want to accept or deny change on registry.

sometime ago with the help of an IT friend i think i downloade spybot as i was told by my ex boyfriend he had downloaded spyware on my laptop.. i still dont know whether or not he had actually done this but from memory nothing really showed up when we ran this programme

but for now.. do i click on accept or deny.. i dont even know wht this is.. it comes up everytime i go into facebook, yahoo or hotmail.. i dont really use my PC for anything else.

please help and post a reply to Removed as I dont even know how to check replies on this website to my post.

I know i am a der brain so pleeeease only helpful advice in layman terms pleeease.

thanks

jo
    Last edited by tashi; 2010-09-17 at 20:52. Reason: Split off from topic in Spybot-S&D Beta. Removed email address, spam magnet. ;-)

Hi.
    Those are most likely pop-ups from Teatimer:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/33.html

Could you doubleclick Spybot,and at the top click Help,then About,and you should see Spybot-Search & Destroy,with a number after it(for example,you might see Spybot-Search & Destroy 1.6.2.46)Could you let me know what that number is?