Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello everyone!

Hi tashi,

okay, I have now read the articles that you posted about registry cleaners and I am willing to heed the warnings about them. I am now seriously thinking about uninstalling CC cleaner after what I have read. Do you think this is sensible under the circumstances? You did say the ordinary cleaner that it has is fine to use but not its registry cleaner.

I then read the article "Are Registry Cleaners safe to use"? by Chris Pirillo.

Apparently, safe cleaners to use recommended by Chris are ATF Cleaner and/or TFC. Is this good advice? Should I download them and use these?

I also read the advice about downloading ERUNT and using that but my operating system is Vista. This means I have to turn off the UAC account. Will I still be safe by taking this action? I am the only user on my machine so I kind of feel I can without any worries? Should I have any worries by turning it off?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Wendykins

Hello Wendykins,
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendykins View Post
    okay, I have now read the articles that you posted about registry cleaners and I am willing to heed the warnings about them. I am now seriously thinking about uninstalling CC cleaner after what I have read. Do you think this is sensible under the circumstances? You did say the ordinary cleaner that it has is fine to use but not its registry cleaner.
    Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    CCleaner is a nice program, it is the registry cleaner option that can be a concern.
    Others mileage may vary.
    Apparently, safe cleaners to use recommended by Chris are ATF Cleaner and/or TFC. Is this good advice? Should I download them and use these?
    That's up to you. Both tools were developed by respected members in the security community. ATF TFC
    I also read the advice about downloading ERUNT and using that but my operating system is Vista. This means I have to turn off the UAC account. Will I still be safe by taking this action? I am the only user on my machine so I kind of feel I can without any worries? Should I have any worries by turning it off?
    Is there a particular reason you want to use ERUNT to back up the registry?

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Exclamation Hello wendy

I would say download glaries utilities it get rids of tons of junk
    http://www.glaryutilities.com/
    "Nature is a very beautiful thing why not enjoy the beautiful views?You only live once."
    TR098

武道のすべての様式は沖縄、日本で完全に始まった
    このウェブサイトのメンバーがあること自慢している

Hello TRO98,
    Quote Originally Posted by TR098 View Post
    "Glary Utilities is a freeware with registry and disk cleaning"

Did you read this entire thread of Wendykins' where Registry Cleaners, not recommended was mentioned a few times?

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Hi TR098,

Quote Originally Posted by TR098 View Post

I agree with tashi, please do read all this thread and the URLs. Also, have a look at the Chris Pirillo videos on "Are Registry Cleaners safe to use?"
    http://chris.pirillo.com/are-registr...s-safe-to-use/

It is quite an eye opener.

I have already been advised before this thread that using a Registry cleaner is dangerous by various MVPs and other knowledgeable people who know
    their stuff. Now it has been confirmed once again by experts in this forum (tashi). They all say the same thing. Leave the registry cleaners alone.

What made me quake with fear was that although by using them you may have never had a problem. It was still pointed out to me that it was potluck
    and that all it took was one little mistake in your registry that could wreck everything.

Most experts have problems knowing about the registry itself, so what chance have people like myself or other novices got to just put their faith in a
    product that is expected to clean out the registry every time with no problems.

*READ IT ALL* before you use your registry cleaner again.

Also pointed out in some of this literature is that there are some safe options out there that will do the same job in cleaning your computer up without touching the registry.

Happy and safe computing and these forums.

Wendykins

Unhappy .....

I already know that registry cleaners are dangerous, but I always never use the registry cleaner on it '-'
    Last edited by TR098; 2010-09-27 at 05:00.
    "Nature is a very beautiful thing why not enjoy the beautiful views?You only live once."
    TR098

武道のすべての様式は沖縄、日本で完全に始まった
    このウェブサイトのメンバーがあること自慢している