Thread: IE\SFOTWARE (Domains) - IE (32 bit) immunization issue

Exclamation IE\SFOTWARE (Domains) - IE (32 bit) immunization issue

When I immunize using spybot everything works, except under Internet Explorer (32 bit) - \SOFTWARE (Domains), it shows unprotected 14488, protected 6.

A pop up shows to redirect you to help and says some anti-virus programs may interfere with this but the one I am testing now isn't listed. I am asking for help with this or if there is a work around.

I am using Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate with Kaspersky Internet Security 2011, it only shows up under the Internet Explorer (32 bit) - \SOFTWARE (Domains) only; all other profiles work fine.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

Please open regedit with admin rights (Start>type 'regedit' in search bar>right-click and select 'Run as administrator')

open:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap
    or on a x86/32bit system:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap
    and delete the folder 'Domains'.

If this refuses to delete, right-click and select 'Permissions...', select your username from the list (or find it by clicking Add...>Advanced...>Find Now and then select your username and click OK). Then tick the Allow boxes, click OK and delete.

You can now open Spybot and select Immunize, and once it has scanned, select Immunize at the top.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Ok, I'll try that but was wondering if I will lose any protection by doing this?

Like I was saying in my earlier post I am just testing the security suite out. I haven't decided whether or not to use this particular suite or not. The suite seems to work for my needs.

I just wanted a more in depth explanation on what causes this and is it because of redundancy of the protection?