Thread: Teatimer handling during office deployment

Red face Teatimer handling during office deployment

Hello,

First of all let me thank all of you for your excellent work on SpyBot. It is a great program. I use it at an non-profit office with about 100 employees (and yes we have donated several times to support Spybot).

I like the protection Teatimer provides, but when I need to deploy software throughout the office I often have to go around and fix the things my users answer incorrectly after the install (even when they are 'told' ahead of time).

What I was wondering it this:
    Is there a way to 'whitelist' an application before installing it,
    or to export whitelists from one system to import the list on others,
    or to disable TeaTimers scan so that all changes while disabled are sliently allowed (and remembered) until it is re-enabled ??

If not I would suggest a script tool or command line tool to do these things would be a good addition (although limiting it to administrators, the localsystem account, or requiring a settable password for it would probably be necessary to prevent it from becoming a back-door for malware).

Hello,

At first it seems that you are violating the licence agreement.
    Spybot Search and Destroy is only free for the private use.
    The license agreement is available here.

Corporate users need to purchase a license.
    There will be a 50% discount for schools, universities and other non profit organisations.

Second the Coporate Edition can be centrally configured and managed by our server product Spybot S&D Update and Configuration Server you will also get when you purchase a license for the corporate edition of Spybot S&D.

Spybot S&D Update and Configuration Server is the name of the tool we designed for managing all your Spybot-S&D-installations in your networks.

With a password protected browser interface it is accessible from any host within your network to ease administration.

Apart from the server configuration, the browser interface empowers the administrator to centrally manage scheduled tasks of Spybot S&D at the clients and to adjust the configuration of all Spybot S&D installations in your network.

Some more information is available here.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Unhappy next steps

We actually started using spybot gradually and I never realized it was out of license. I will look this over and see about getting it licensed or removed. My mistake really, we went from using it on a handful of systems 'personally' to global without checking.

It does sound like the corporate edition tools are what I am looking for. Assuming it doesn't prove to be too expensive for us I will get started on this. Otherwise I will work on removing it where we have it running (I hope that will not be the case, but our budget is pretty tight so it could be).