Thread: ask.toolbar.com

Default ask.toolbar.com

Hello everyone--I can't get rid of this ask.toolbar and I've tried several options:

1. Add/Remove programs in Control Panel--it's not listed in the list of programs.

2. Tools in Mozilla Firefox--Google is still listed as my homepage and it usually goes to Google--but it goes to ask.toolbar.com the first time I open Firefox each day.

3. "Options" and "uninstall" on the ask.toolbar itself. There is no such options tab, and I haven't been able to find an "uninstall" option anywhere on the page.

I have Windows XP and Mozilla Firefox. I was hoping running Spybot would get rid of it, but it didn't. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks!
    Last edited by tashi; 2010-09-25 at 19:28. Reason: Moved from the Malware removal forum

Default Solved problem--please disregard

PI found an answer to my question: Type about:config in the address bar, go to "keyword.url" in the list, double-click on it and change the url in that line to your desired homepage.

Talking

go to tools find add-ons find ask toolbar and unistall it then restart fire fox=)
    "Nature is a very beautiful thing why not enjoy the beautiful views?You only live once."
    TR098

武道のすべての様式は沖縄、日本で完全に始まった
    このウェブサイトのメンバーがあること自慢している