Thread: immunization 176872. Is it normal.

Default immunization 176872. Is it normal.

Is it normal to have 176872 items protected on immunization. I am asking because i dont know about immunization .

Immunization counts depend on how many browsers, and browser profiles you have, as well as the OS.

If I am logged into my Admin account and run Spybot Search & Destroy with the allhives switch, it shows immunizations for all profiles available for all users' Firefox profiles as well as IE 32 and 64 bit, and Opera.

On this limited user account that I am logged into right now, I show 192430 items in immunization, which includes 2 Firefox profiles, 1 Opera, as well as IE and hosts file.

The count will also vary week to week with signature updates.

To add to my post, SpyBot Search & Destroy immunization in the Admin account using the allhives switch shows 661,478 items immunized. This includes all users Firefox profiles as well as IE and hosts file entries. This machine has 6 user accounts plus a disabled Guest account.

Due to a shortcoming in SpyBot S&D, only the current user's Opera profile is detected for immunization. One must log into each Windows user account in order to immunize Opera. Even then, not all Opera immunizations are applied, unless one resorts to a bit of file manipulation.
    Last edited by Gopher John; 2010-09-30 at 18:38. Reason: number of users added.