Thread: help with fixing problems

Default help with fixing problems

everything works fine until I go to fix the selected issues., I have restarted my machine many times, i am the only one using the computer ever
    and so it said for me to be admin which i am but only half of the files get fixed.

this is the error message i get after selecting fix selected issues:

this action may not be performed completely since you are not an administrator. if you want this performed for all users please run this application elevated as an administrator

which i did i went to start right clicked on spybot and run as admin but still nada.

i use windows 7, can anyone help me with this?
    Last edited by tashi; 2010-09-28 at 21:38. Reason: Moved from Spybot-S&D Beta

Hello dreamweaver38,

Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver38 View Post
    which i did i went to start right clicked on spybot and run as admin but still nada.
    Could you try again please.

Run as Administrator

On Windows Vista and Windows 7, Spybot-S&D might tell you that you are not authorized to perform some actions, since they require Administrator rights. You can solve this problem as follows:

1. Right-click the Spybot - Search & Destroy entry in your start menu, instead of just left-clicking to start it.
    2. Choose Run as administrator from the context menu.

You will find a screen shot here: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/42.html
    Hope that helps, let us know.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

I did that 3 times still not working and still getting that message

Hello dreamweaver38,

Sorry to hear that, is this a new install of Spybot-S&D, if not can you pinpoint when the issue started?

Also, has the computer shown any signs of infection? Please list other security programs installed.

Best regards.

im not entirely sure, but things have been happening to make me think i have a virus that my virus program isnt detecting

for one, ive been getting pop ups and sometimes i see a program or 2 pop up in my always use list that i havent used in a while. (ive never gotten pop ads before)
    also i have been noticing i have more than one wireless detected when i click on my internet connection, im not sure that denotes an infection but still....

also my search bar is kept on google and everytime i log on it goes to a differnt engine.

its a new install, i was looking around for some stuff to see if anything would come up.

i have norton installed, adaware which i installed today, ccleanup which has been on my computer when i bought it from day one,i had downloaded it for free. i love it but i dont think its considered protective like the others

Hi dreamweaver38,

Someone can take a look at the system, please start a topic in the Malware Removal Forum and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available.

First see that forum's FAQ which also includes instructions on posting a preliminary DDS log: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Best regards.