Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fake Subscription Service

Default Fake Subscription Service

Hi,

I lock the Internet, then I run Spybot it finds "Fake Subscription Service." I click to remove it, am told it has been removed. Then if I run Spybot again before doing anything else, I am told it has found "Fake Subscription Service" again. Why? It was supposed to be removed.

On occasion I have run Spybot while connected to the Internet, it removes "Fake Subscription Service" and if I run it immediately again, my system is clean.

Bobbi

Could you please do this?
    • Open SpyBot.
    • Check for problems.
    • When the scan completes, right click on the results list, select "Copy results to clipboard".
    • Paste (Ctrl+V) those results here.

Default FAKE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE keeps re-appearing on subsequent scans!

FAKE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE keeps re-appearing on subsequent scans! I, too, have received the fact that the SPYBOT scan has found FAKE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE. When expanded it shows: "Bookmark [Firefox: Computer Owner {default}] Make-My-Baby [http://www.make-my-baby.com/... and also shows:
    "BOOKMARK."

Supposedly,
    Spotbot removes it; when Spybot is run immediately again, it shows clean. However, days later, it reappears in another SPYBOT scan! A file search in Windows XP cannot find this bookmark!

How does one find this "Bookmark" and get rid of it. I'd like to send it to Hades PERMANENTLY?
    Last edited by tashi; 2010-10-01 at 04:48. Reason: url

Hello Widow,
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Could you please do this?
    • Open SpyBot.
    • Check for problems.
    • When the scan completes, right click on the results list, select "Copy results to clipboard".
    • Paste (Ctrl+V) those results here.
    Could you do that please, as suggested to the topic starter.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default FAKE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE -- Can't get rid of it!

When I run SPYBOT, I get the following:

SPYBOT
    V.1.6.2.46
    FAKE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE

FAKE.SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE
    Bookmark {Firefox, Computer Owner (default}}
    Make-My-Baby (http://www.make-my-baby.com/php/baby/v2/control.php?]

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/make-my-baby.com

When I "repair," it indicates "repaired." When I IMMEDIATELY run a new can, it isn't there. However, if I wait a day or two and run the scan again, THERE IT IS AGAIN! #1 - Does "SPYBOT" repair bookmarks or does it just indicate "repaired" when it is really only suppressed temporarily?

How do I get rid of this once and for all and send it to the etherial?
    Last edited by tashi; 2010-09-30 at 20:14. Reason: Disabled url, provided link

Default FAKE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE -- How does one get rid of it, PERMANENTLY?

When I "repair" FAKE SUBSCRIPTIION SERVICE and then rerun the SPYBOT scan again, it isn't there. However, a day or two later when I run the SPYBOT scan, there it is! The "repair" function of SPYBOT doesn't seem to work with bookmarks! Is this correct? If so, why not?

If not, how do I find this file entry because a manual review of the Firefox bookmarks does not locate it and using the "search" function on Windows XP does not locate it! I'd like to send this to the etherial!

Any suggestions from anyone?

"SPYBOT
    V.1.6.2.46
    FAKE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE

FAKE.SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE
    Bookmark {Firefox, Computer Owner (default}}
    Make-My-Baby
    (http://www.make-my-baby.com/php/baby/v2/control.php?])"

===========================

Edit
    For the safety of our members, please disable the url when posting.
    Web Of Trust (WOT) Rating: http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/make-my-baby.com
    Last edited by tashi; 2010-09-30 at 22:04. Reason: Moved from the Malware forum and merged, disabled url again. By the way, no need for large red fonts. ;-)

Have you tried deleting the make-my-baby bookmark from within Firefox itself? In Firefox 3.x, Organize Bookmarks and do a search. If found delete it. Then do a search in history, and select Forget about this site. Close Firefox, reboot and then do another scan with SpyBot Search & Destroy.

Widow,when looking through,I can no longer find Fake.Subscription Service listed in Ignore Products.Either I'm missing it,or maybe it has been removed from the list.
    Do you have the latest Spybot updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher John View Post
    Have you tried deleting the make-my-baby bookmark from within Firefox itself? In Firefox 3.x, Organize Bookmarks and do a search. If found delete it. Then do a search in history, and select Forget about this site. Close Firefox, reboot and then do another scan with SpyBot Search & Destroy.
    THERE IS NO "MAKE-MY-BABY bookmark" in Firefox.

THAT IS THE PROBLEM!

Quote Originally Posted by zenobia View Post
    widow,when looking through,i can no longer find fake.subscription service listed in ignore products.either i'm missing it,or maybe it has been removed from the list.
    Do you have the latest spybot updates?

YES, I have the latest Spybot update!