Thread: Can't remove detected malware

Exclamation Can't remove detected malware

I have been using Spyhunter regularly and keep removing the same malware, mostly trackers, cookies, etc. Recently it stopped displaying malware problems, pronouncing my computer clean. However, then I couldn't access Google, or gmail, or do any google searches. My disability was limited to google. Now, while trying to register with Spybot, I couldn't on my PC because no image verification would display. So I am on my netbook, which doesn't have Spybot on it . . . all the problems are on my PC.

I have run Spybot S&D on my PC and the same malware shows up but am unable to get rid of:

FraudCleanUpAntivirus

Win32.Delf.uv

Anybody else have a problem like this?

I suspect it might be because I kept clearing out ad trackers, etc. and then maybe google banned me because they couldn't track my use. Is that likely?

Any help appreciated. I am functional because of the netbook, but it's irritating that I can't use my PC for gmail, etc.

Thanks.

Hello falkirk,

Please see the forum FAQ which also includes instructions on posting a preliminary DDS log: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Then start a new topic and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default Tasshi thank you

Thank you for replying. I have read the Before you Post entry. It is daunting to someone of my abilities.

Did you read the part of my message that informs you that the PC that I am having problems with will not let me register withy Spybot or participate in the forum? The image verification section does not display an image to copy.

I am on my netbook now in order to communicate with you. I am afraid if I copy and paste anything from my PC to the netbook I will have infectiopns on both of them.

Please advise next steps.

Default To Tashi

I just realized that if I put this thread in my bookmarks section, I can bring it up on my PC. Will try now to do the "Before you Post" procedures.

Default Windows 7

Tashi,

ERUNT instructions apply to all Microsoft OS's but doesn't list Windows 7. Will it work on it, too?

Hello falkirk,
    Quote Originally Posted by falkirk View Post
    I just realized that if I put this thread in my bookmarks section, I can bring it up on my PC.
    You will need to start a new topic as helpers look for ones with a zero response. Members can keep track of their threads and choose how to be notified about updates. Subscriptions
    Quote Originally Posted by falkirk View Post
    ERUNT instructions apply to all Microsoft OS's but doesn't list Windows 7. Will it work on it, too?
    I am not aware of any incompatibility with ERUNT on Windows 7.

If the infection prevents you from posting from the infected machine and providing a log please start a new topic anyway, make note of the situation and provide a link back to this thread.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016