Thread: Error during check!:Mailbot

Exclamation Error during check!:Mailbot

Mailbot(Datei C:\WINDOWS\win.ini kann nicht geöffnet werden. Le processus ne peut pas accéder au fichier car ce fichier est utilisé par un autre processus)
    This is the SPYBOT message during its check of my computer.
    All files are closed;all software are closed too. Only SPYBOT is running.
    This problem appears seven days ago and disappears and again now.
    Could give me a way to undrestand it and if it is possible to correct it.
    Note that as soon as this message is displayed the checking is finished with a second message "congratulations ...." for the part of my computer which was checked before the yellow warning.
    Thank you in advance

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

The following error is usually caused by running Spybot-S&D with and old advcheck.dll library:
    • (… kann nicht geöffnet werden. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process) ()

Go into Spybot > Help > About. Are you running Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.3 as opposed to Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4?

Unless you are running on a Windows 95 system, you should consider upgrading to Spybot 1.4 to fix the error.

If you are running Windows 95, please let me know.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default try updating the advcheck.dll file

françois, try updating the advcheck.dll file to the latest version to see if the problem is fixed. I think the updated advcheck.dll file can work for both Spybot 1.3 and 1.4.

Smile Thanks for the two replyers at my message "Mailbot:...

The Mailbot ... error message has disappeared.
    I use Windows XP SP2, all bought and updated Office and other softwares with an ACER 1363.
    Before each Spybot checking, I download the latest known update. This operation was very difficult previously and is very easy now.
    Thanks for your answers,
    Have a good day,
    François

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

françois:

I assume that you upgraded to Spybot 1.4 because you mentioned the improvement in updates.

There was a software change made between Spybot 1.3 and Spybot 1.4 that helps reduce the probability of getting Bad Checksum errors. In Spybot 1.3 the first server was always selected as the default server and therefore by default this placed the heaviest load on that server. Spybot 1.4 randomly selects the default server.

Also by upgrading to Spybot 1.4 you are taking advantage of the improvements outlined by bitman in the following post:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.