Thread: command line logging

Default command line logging

Is there an option for Spybot to output the results of a scan to a log file? Or even better, to display what it finds to the screen?

Thanks.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

It already does both by default.

Quote Originally Posted by flakzeus
    Is there an option for Spybot to output the results of a scan to a log file?
    By default here are two Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log files produced during a scan. The second Checks.yymmdd-hhmm has the details of what the scan found. A Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file is produced if you fix or attempt to fix something.

Two methods to review that information:
    • Method 1:
      • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > View Reports > View Pervious reports. Look for the Checks.yymmdd-hhmm or Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm that you are interested in viewing and Open it (double click or highlight and select Open).
    • Method 2
      • The Checks.yymmdd-hhmm and Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm files are stored in the following folders:
        • Windows 95 or 98:
          C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
        • Windows ME:
          C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
        • Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
          C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
      • Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the correct Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log or Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file. Double click on it and it should open with Notepad.

Or even better, to display what it finds to the screen?
    It is displayed to the screen unless you are using parameters to prevent that display.
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2006-07-21 at 19:28.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

None of the parameters that I see in the help documentation indicates that it blocks the output to the console.

Basically, I'm trying to run spybot from a batch file and redirect the output to a text file. Is that possible? If so, which parameters would I use?

let me also add that the user has never ran spybot it self, it will always be ran from the command line.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

None of the parameters that I see in the help documentation indicates that it blocks the output to the console
    Command line parameters can be found here:

If you run a scan with just /AUTOCHECK for the results will be displayed to the console. If you run a scan with /AUTOCHECK /AUTOCLOSE or /AUTOCHECK /AUTOCLOSE /TASKBARHIDE for example they will not be.

Basically, I'm trying to run spybot from a batch file and redirect the output to a text file. Is that possible? If so, which parameters would I use?
    I already indicated where you can find the results, so you could run with the parameters of /AUTOCHECK /AUTOCLOSE /TASKBARHIDE.
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2006-07-23 at 06:37.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thank you for your time, but i see that spybot doesn't provide the feature that I want. When you run spybot with /autocheck it does display the results. However, it displays it within the spybot gui. I am looking for it to display in a dosbox where it is ran from, not in a gui.

Once again, thanks for your time.