I use Windows 7 64 Bit, FireFox 3.6.x as my main browser and Spybot 1.6.3.51. Immunization worked flawlessly in the beginning, but a few months ago I got an error in the "Internet Explorer 32 bit - \Software (Domains)" part, over 13.000 entries could not get immunized. I don't use the IE if I don't have to, so I wasn't too impressed, but it did nag every week after I updated the databases and reran this option.

So, today I delved into it and solved it. On C:\ I found a file called immudebug.log and it contained lines like "TInternetExplorerDomainImmunizer:Could not open for immunization: \SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\007guard.com" and a lot of them. So it seemed I had a problem with a path in my registry, perhaps I did not have the proper rights to do whatever Spybot wanted to do. I already start the program as administrator, but you never know.

In the registry I checked the path "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\domains", but I had full control, same in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Hmmm. I looked in the forum, read everything I found about possible errors with immunization, but nothing seemed to describe my problem. After a bit of reasoning I recognized my error, the entries for 32 bit software are stored in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node for compatibility with older applications. And while the administrators group were owner, there were no rights set at all. I added full control for them in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains", applied this permission to all subfolders and after that change the immunization ran flawlessly.

Perhaps this will help you if you stumble upon something similar. And to the S&D team: A full path in the log would make life a bit easier. Besides of that, thanks for the tool,