Thread: ANOTHER TeaTimer problem

Default ANOTHER TeaTimer problem

Hi everyone. I removed SpyBot as part of another compete protection suite installation and now my system still shows teatimer in the Windows Task Manager Processes window during startup, and the system basically locks up until the teatimer process finishes. I understand this is a resident part of SpyBot, and withSpyBot already gone how can I now get rid of Teatimer?

Please help.

Thanks,
    Mitch

In task manager,click teatimer.exe and then click End Process.Then,locate the Spybot - Search & Destroy folder(usually located in C:\Program Files),rightclick and select delete.

I understand what you are recommending, but I have no Spybot folder. Like I said I already did a full uninstall. Also teatimer only shows up temporarily during startup.

Perhaps the startup registry entry for Teatimer remained behind somehow,but Teatimer.exe was removed after uninstalling,then.

Did you remove the C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy folder manually after uninstalling?It's been a while since I've uninstalled,but as I recall,the Spybot - Search & Destroy folder remains after uninstalling,leaving just one or two things in it,unless they've changed it.

http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/index.html
    There are instructions at the above link for opening MSConfig for each operating system.
    Could you open MSConfig,go to the startup tab,and let me know if Spybot - Search & Destroy is listed there?

I didn't see it. I guess I really need to do a system reboot with the Task Manager open and make sure it's still showing up. I don't see any SpyBot folders or Startup items anywhere. I'm afraid to go into the registry editor. Don't know enough about what I'm doing.

Okay,please let me know how it goes.