Thread: Incomplete Immunization Causes System Crash

Default Incomplete Immunization Causes System Crash

Hi everyone, I'm a new member of the forum but I use Spybot since many years. In particular, I have always used the function of Immunization and I always kept the software updated. Since three days, however, I reflected a serious error in this feature that often causes a crash of my computers. I have a NB with XP MCE SP3, Avira AntiVir Personal v.10 and a Desktop with XP HE SP3 and same antivirus. When I try to immunize, the characteristic Spybot bricks become blacks and I always get a warning of incomplete immunization due to a possible conflict with other antivirus software. At this point the system becomes unstable, all Windows icons and menus disappear, I cannot open any file or software and in some cases I have to force shutdown. On both computers I found a text file (immudebug) in C:\ folder with dozens of strings like this:

TInternetExplorerCookieImmunizer:Could not open for immunization: \.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\after40ladys.com

or this:

TInternetExplorerDomainImmunizer:Could not open for immunization: \.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\008k.com

The problem occurs in the same way even when the antivirus software is disabled. It seems that the problem is due to missing permissions in the Windows registry, but I can not understand why until a few days ago It runs everything perfectly. I do not know how to intervene in the Windows registry to resolve this conflict. I hope for your help, otherwise I will have to give up this fine program that I have always appreciated. A cordial greeting

Exclamation

did you update your avira 10 to SP1??

if so thats the problem well actually its aviras service pack 1 product update

Quote Originally Posted by kitmub View Post
    did you update your avira 10 to SP1??

if so thats the problem well actually its aviras service pack 1 product update
    Yes I did. I read your previous thread.
    So only solution is run Spybot and immunize in Safe Mode?

Hello,

It seems that there is a problem with the compatibility between the immunization of Spybot - Search & Destroy and the Guard of the current Avira Version 10.

We have contacted Avira, but did not receive an answer yet.
    To avoid the problem temporarely you can do the following:

Click on "Start" (lower left) -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs.
    There you click on "Change or Remove Programs", choose Avira, then click on "Remove".
    Now deinstall the "Avira Guard" in the wizzard (untick the checkbox).

After immunizing Spybot - S&D you can activate the Avira Guard the same way.
    An usual disabling of the Guard in Avira itself does not help.
    We hope to solve the problem as fast as possible.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default Avira incompatability with Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

It seems that there is a problem with the compatibility between the immunization of Spybot - Search & Destroy and the Guard of the current Avira Version 10.

We have contacted Avira, but did not receive an answer yet.
    To avoid the problem temporarely you can do the following:

Click on "Start" (lower left) -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs.
    There you click on "Change or Remove Programs", choose Avira, then click on "Remove".
    Now deinstall the "Avira Guard" in the wizzard (untick the checkbox).

After immunizing Spybot - S&D you can activate the Avira Guard the same way.
    An usual disabling of the Guard in Avira itself does not help.
    We hope to solve the problem as fast as possible.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Have tried this with the current version of Avira (July 2016) with Windows 10. Are you suggesting to competely uninstall Avira, then immunize with Spybot, then reinstall Avira?

Grateful for your clarification,
    John

Hello Spytrep,

You've posted to a thread from 2010, could you clarify because I wasn't aware of the same issue occurring up to 2016?

Which version and edition of Spybot do you have: https://www.safer-networking.org/

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016