I use Avira as my anti-virus and I have read on their website (I believe it was in the knowledgebase) that the realtime components of Avira AntiVir and Spybot are incompatible and that Spybot must be uninstalled or disabled.

Apart from that, I understand that having any realtime scanning program (and particularly multiple) will significantly impact system performance and so I am considering disabling Spybot's realtime scanning, and just keeping a daily system scan. With that in mind, I have a couple of questions.

1) Are Avira AntiVir and Spybot S&D's realtime components actually incompatible with each other? If so, are Safer Networking and Avira working together to resolve this issue, or are all Avira users simply excluded from using Spybot in real time?

2) Does the on-demand system scan detect everything that the realtime scanner detects (and vice versa)? Apart from the first scan after I installed Spybot (which found a few things), the regular daily system scans that Spybot performs have never found anything. So on these days, I know that the realtime scanner has done nothing, but if I disabled it, would the system scan detect anything and everything that should have been stopped by the realtime scanner?

Thank you.