Thread: DelZip179.dll error

Default DelZip179.dll error

I am running Spybot 1.6.2 on Windows 7 64bit. Am getting the following error: Activation context generation failed for "c:\program files (x86)\spybot - search & destroy\DelZip179.dll".Error in manifest or policy file "c:\program files (x86)\spybot - search & destroy\DelZip179.dll" on line 8. The value "*" of attribute "language" in element "assemblyIdentity" is invalid.

Default Problem solved maybe

Replaced original file with version 1.79.11.15 from DelphiZip and error message is gone. Hopefully all is ok.

hi, i have the same problem with DelZip179.dll..
    i try to download the last version 1.79.11.15, but the link is out.
    i just can download the version 1.90.
    anyone have the file please?

Hello,

Please see here

Your delzip is damaged.

Please send us an e-mail to: detections(at)spybot.info regarding this issue/thread, then we will send you a fresh file.

Thanks.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default Same error. Are DelZip179.dll web download from other sources safe?

I'm getting the same error with a system freeze and subsequent reboot in Win7u x64. In researching this error I see there are various sources for the file available on the web such as putlocker which of course would be a security concern. And even a dreaded youtube video for this error which is of course an ad for a "free web scan" Oh my! We all remember the fake popup alerts to hijackers; "Your computer may be infected with a virus..."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW9_BZXrha4

What I find interesting is that the SideBySide error is followed by a Kernal Error:
    Session "Microsoft Security Client OOBE" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D

I will send an email and hopefully my system will be stable enough to retrieve the file.
    A link would really be nice though.

Default Update

The correct address to write to is now software(at)spybot.info. Please use this address. Thank you.
    (m/f)