Thread: problem with StatBar

Exclamation problem with StatBar

Hello,

I have installed StatBar (http://www.statbar.nl) and I liked to start it automatically. No problem so far, but when I look in the System Startup info inside Spybot, it's been marked as malicious (in red). I'm quite sure it's not malicious. Could you fix it please?

Kind regards,

Michiel

Hi michieldumon,

it looks like statbar is not really malware. On some PCs statbar may cause trouble. We gonna check this.
    "The advantage of wisdom is that you can always act the fool. The opposite is quite tough."

K. Tucholsky

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Hi Michieldumon,

the detection is a quasi false positive. At our knowledge the statbar software is a resource hog that uses up to 60 % of system resources. That makes it at least not quite innocent at all...
    But it does also not seem to be a real threat so that marking statbar in red can be handled as a warning. Please ignore the red marking for now. We will examine wether to turn it to a yellow one or to keep it in red if we decide the behaviour of statbar is not legal.

Hello,

I'm sorry to say, but 60%... I can't believe that! I use the program quite some time, without any problem. And it's a laptop, so 60% would be very much.

(And no, I don't know the people who made the program )

Regards