Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1.4 error in user32.dll

Default 1.4 error in user32.dll

1.4 Does not work under windows 95 (1.3 did)

My dependency viewer says the problem with the SpybotSD.exe is in the user32.dll the EndMenu() fucntion does not exist or doesnt and in TEATIMER.EXE the function MsgWaitForMultipleObjectsEx() does not exist or doesnt work. This of course prevents spybot from running. as I said, 1.3 didnt have this problem. none of the other exe's or dll's appear to have this problem. This is a great program and I hope it can be fixed.

Also

aports.dll wont work, no such dll = NTDLL.DLL. But as I cant get spybot to load, i dont know if this is a problem or not

Hello,

I'm afraid there's no compability with Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4 and Windows 95 at the moment.
    We are trying to fix this. You can work with Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.3 until the fix is ready.
    Here is the link for the direct download:
    http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...d,22262,00.asp
    or http://www.oldapps.com/spybot.htm
    Please search for new updates after installing Spybot S&D 1.3.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by SlimySlayer
    1.4 Does not work under windows 95 (1.3 did)

My dependency viewer says the problem with the SpybotSD.exe is in the user32.dll the EndMenu() fucntion does not exist or doesnt and in TEATIMER.EXE the function MsgWaitForMultipleObjectsEx() does not exist or doesnt work. This of course prevents spybot from running. as I said, 1.3 didnt have this problem. none of the other exe's or dll's appear to have this problem. This is a great program and I hope it can be fixed.
    Win95's user32.dll file is missing the "MsgWaitForMultipleObjectsEx()" function which is featured in Win98/NT4 and higher Windows versions of the user32.dll file.

BTW - what version of Win95 are you using, SlimySlayer? Right-click on the My Computer icon on the desktop and select Properties.

EndMenu() function also does not exist in Win95's user32.dll file.

WIndows 95 C. Its one newer than B lol. I'm not at that computer so I can't tell ya.

Nevermind, I forgot I got a computer at work that I used my 95 disk to isntall Windows on. This is its version, I think I can assume its the same.

4.00.950 C

And, I have winsock 2+ and Common Controls Version 6, 5, Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimySlayer
    Nevermind, I forgot I got a computer at work that I used my 95 disk to isntall Windows on. This is its version, I think I can assume its the same.

4.00.950 C

And, I have winsock 2+ and Common Controls Version 6, 5, Etc.
    Versions 4.00.950 B and C are OEM Service Release 2 [OSR2] editions of Windows 95.
    If you type VER at the MS-DOS prompt in Windows 95 C it will say:

Windows 95 [Version 4.00.1111]

The original retail version of Windows 95 is 4.00.950 and installing Service Pack 1 will make it 4.00.950 A. Typing VER at the DOS prompt in the original and SP1 versions of Win95 will say:

Windows 95 [Version 4.00.950]

I know this since I had used different versions of Win95 for a long time on my old computer.

Also be sure to install the Windows 95 Year 2000 Update to make Win95 C fully compatible in the 21st century.

You can get Spybot S&D version 1.3 here:
    http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=spybot

just to let you know, there will be NO updates that will add the EndMenu() and MsgWaitForMultipleObjectsEx() functions under Win95.

just to let you know, there will be NO updates that will add the EndMenu() and MsgWaitForMultipleObjectsEx() functions under Win95.[/QUOTE]

Just have to make it not use those functions, otherwise it will never work on windows 95 and it will always complain about "A device attached to the system is not functioning"

If thats the case, then a download link to 1.3 should be made readily available.

Oh, and i have looked into the Y2K update, it just fixes some date displays, thats all. and to top it off, MS's site, although claims to have the download, clicking download returns a 404 page. I tried another site on MS for it, and it wants me to verify windows, needless to say, that didn't work lol.

Hey!!!, 1.3 isnt working anymore either, same error. Hmmm. Maybe ill go DOS and replace user32.dll with the one in XP (That should cause some good effects lol)