Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1.4 error in user32.dll

Quote Originally Posted by SlimySlayer

Hey!!!, 1.3 isnt working anymore either, same error. Hmmm. Maybe ill go DOS and replace user32.dll with the one in XP (That should cause some good effects lol)
    NO DONT DO THAT! Do NOT replace the user32.dll file from XP onto a Win95 computer or you will mess things up and make things worse.

you may want to upgrade to Win98 if possible

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

SlimySlayer:

Hey!!!, 1.3 isnt working anymore either, same error. Hmmm.
    Try downloaading the spybotsd13.exe installation program from here:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

I figured it out, the uninstaller for spybot doesnt actually do anything lol. I deleted the folder manually and it started working. As for replacing user32.dll, that was fun lol. It worked, computer booted, but it complain of a lot of missing exports and devices attached to the system not functioning.

winodws 98, are you crazy? that OS is so buggy clicking the view menu on a folder will cause an explorer error. And I mean the SE version lol. I have windows 98, it lasted a total of 1 week before I went back to windows 95.

winodws 98, are you crazy? that OS is so buggy clicking the view menu on a folder will cause an explorer error. And I mean the SE version lol. I have windows 98, it lasted a total of 1 week before I went back to windows 95.
    Win98 SE buggy? yeah right!

I installed a CLEAN installation of Win98 SE (2nd edition version 4.10.2222) on my old computer and it ran just FINE. it was even more stable than Win95.

I figured it out, the uninstaller for spybot doesnt actually do anything lol. I deleted the folder manually and it started working. As for replacing user32.dll, that was fun lol. It worked, computer booted, but it complain of a lot of missing exports and devices attached to the system not functioning.
    mu-hahahaha! that's what you get for replacing Win95 system files with XP versions. you screwed things up didnt ya? shame on you, SlimySlayer.

hopefully you have put back the old win95 user32.dll file to make Win95 work properly again.

the next version of spybot being developed should work again with win95 without needing the "EndMenu()" function.

Quote Originally Posted by noel-pr7
    Win98 SE buggy? yeah right!

I installed a CLEAN installation of Win98 SE (2nd edition version 4.10.2222) on my old computer and it ran just FINE. it was even more stable than Win95.
    almost forgot to say, AND I get to use Spybot 1.4 under Win98se (woo-hoo!)

I should add that version 1.3 under windows 95 doesnt auto update. It doesn't find the servers and it always says there are no newer updates. you have to do the manual update every time (thank goodness there is a way to manually update)

I figured it out, the uninstaller for spybot doesnt actually do anything lol. I deleted the folder manually and it started working.
    I just installed spybot 1.3 under another PC with Win95 osr2.5 (version 4.00.1111 C) and the uninstaller works. for some reason, the uninstaller on your Win95 PC is missing some uninstall files.

SlimySlayer,

I had been using Win98 SE for more than FIVE straight years now on an old computer of mine and it has rarely crashed! In fact, Win98se works on old and new PCs. And no I am NOT crazy.

and since I've gotten reactions from some other Win98se users online who have Win98se pre-installed on their computers, they're not too happy of you saying that Win98se is buggy. It's been proven otherwise.

perhaps you say that because your slow computer is not capable of handling Win98se. at least my computer can handle it well.

I am in the process of beta testing the newer spybot release and it does work under win95.

Quote Originally Posted by noel-pr7
    I just installed spybot 1.3 under another PC with Win95 osr2.5 (version 4.00.1111 C) and the uninstaller works. for some reason, the uninstaller on your Win95 PC is missing some uninstall files.

you didnt reproduce the problem correctly.

install 1.3
    Install 1.4 to same location
    Delete 1.4
    Install 1.3

(at this point SBS&D shouldnt work)
    delete 1.3
    delete SPS&D folder (many files left behind)
    install 1.3
    Works now