Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1.4 error in user32.dll

Quote Originally Posted by noel-pr7
    SlimySlayer,

I had been using Win98 SE for more than FIVE straight years now on an old computer of mine and it has rarely crashed! In fact, Win98se works on old and new PCs. And no I am NOT crazy.

and since I've gotten reactions from some other Win98se users online who have Win98se pre-installed on their computers, they're not too happy of you saying that Win98se is buggy. It's been proven otherwise.

perhaps you say that because your slow computer is not capable of handling Win98se. at least my computer can handle it well.

I am in the process of beta testing the newer spybot release and it does work under win95.

2.66 ghz, 512 meg ram, 120 gig HD, fresh isntall of windows 98

While it gives message
    Prepareing to load windows 98 for the first time

REGISTRY ERROR!

that was the first time i had even used 98. I had it reinstalled again with a friends disk. it got in. I couldnt install any drivers for gamepads, sticks, etc. if i did, computer would stop booting. So i formatted again and grabbed a copy off the internet. it worked fine, it let me install drivers for the first month, but anything new, i couldnt isntall the drivers that came witht he pad, card, etc. I had to use the windows supplied ones, anything else would stop it from booting. I used it for a long while, with random registry errors found at boot up. It still worked, but it was the biggest POS i had ever seen. eventually the system crashed entirely and I got XP put on it, not a problem since (except hoards of malware which took time to get used to).

So forgive me if im a bit biased about windows 98. My highscool used 98 aswell. It was posted all over the room, to save after every change u make, and it was true. Once I pressed the letter 'T' in a word document and i got a blue screen of death. If you got that, u were just suposed to call the teacher and he'd reghost the computer.

As of yet I havent had one good experience with windows 98. So again, frogive me if im a bit harsh.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

SlimySlayer:

It appears that noel-pr7 may be so caught up in the Windows 95 vs. Windows 98 debate that he/she failed to mention that there may be an alternative to Spybot – S&D 1.3 on a Windows 95. A quote from noel-pr7 in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by noel-pr7
    I have confirmed that the updated spybotsd.exe file from the sbsd141pefix.zip package does work under win95 as I have tested it on an old win95 PC of mine, md usa spybot fan.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.