Thread: Viewpoint Toolbar and Fotomat

Default Viewpoint Toolbar and Fotomat

Alright, the New/Undetected contact support form on the main site is BROKEN but here is the message I tried to send:

Hi,
    Congrats on Spybot! It's been doing a pretty good job of keeping my system running fluid. However, I recently opened Internet Explorer (I usually use Mozilla Firefox) and was confronted with an ugly surprise. The "Viewpoint Toolbar" has installed itself in my IE, and A) I don't remember installing it, B) I don't know where it came from and C) it doesn't have an Add/Remove entry. I removed it with ToolbarCop because I didn't want it there. I think it should be put on the list. I don't think it is a privacy risk, but the option to rip it out be the roots should be there. I just ran a scan and it came out clean. Please direct me to what files I should send you so that S&D might soon detect it.

After some Googling around, I found this site, I think it's related: http://www.viewpoint.com/pub/index.html and I also found Fotomat installed: http://www.fotomat.com/home/home.asp. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope to see the improvements in an update soon.
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Hi there.
    Please see this topic:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...ight=Viewpoint

Odd that you did not have the uninstall option in ADD/REMOVE.

Viewpoint Player has been the subject of debate for some time, so no need to send files at this time thank you.

Cheers.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default How to Uninstall Fotomat

If you want to uninstall Fotomat you have to uninstall Viewpoint toolbar. You can do this through ...Control Panel/Add & Remove Programs. I went ahead and removed all program relating to Viewpoint, there were 3 or 4 in there. I rarely use internet explorer and use Mazilla Firefox as my primary internet browser so don't care about any of the "Viewpoint features". I hope this helps!!!

2005-11-26

Quote Originally Posted by JBotAlan View Post
    it doesn't have an Add/Remove entry.
    Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Odd that you did not have the uninstall option in ADD/REMOVE.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default I dug them out

Hi

I was able to dig out viewpoint by going to the list of programs and deleting it there after I did the add/remove feature on the control panel.

I used hyjackthis to help locate pieces and delete them too.

Hope this helps.

James