Thread: Re-appearing "BackDoor" Virus

Exclamation

I was notified of a virus (Backdoor.Win32/Cybot.B) Windows Defender got rid of it (apparently) After I get rid of it? I can no longer go online - pages will not load (no connection problems)

So.... I reboot, and the virus re-appears. I get rid of it agian, and the same thing happens... I can't get online.

I'm not sure what info you need to help me, I'm sorry... if I forget anything important, please ask.

I'm using Internet Explorer 8. I had downloaded McAfee (but it wouldn't load fully, then it wouldn't let me online either)

I contacted my ISP, they said I'd have to format my computer... but I have a lot of very large files and images on here for work. If I can get rid of this without formatting, that would be great.

Thank you ~ Jen

I may've posted in the wrong area earlier.

Windows Defender showed me this virus.. so I removed it. When I went online, so page would load. I reboot... and the virus re-appears.

If I get rid of it, I can no longer go online.
    When I reboot... it shows up again.

I am using Windows 7. I'm sorry, I don't know what other info you need... please let me know and I'll tell you. I hope someone can help me, I have a lot of stuff on my computer for work.

Thank you ~ Jen
    Last edited by tashi; 2010-12-09 at 01:50. Reason: Merged two topics :-)

Hello j3nni4,

Is this a personal computer, not a business/corporate computer or used in that environment?

If it is a PC can you produce a DDS log as shown in post #2 here;"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) and copy paste it into a new topic for a helper to analyse when available.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016