Thread: spybot & spyware blaster

Default spybot & spyware blaster

Is spybot compatible with spywareblaster? I use spybot immunize. I figure it can't hurt to use spywareblaster too. Can it?
    Thank You in advance for any input
    Thomas

Hello Thomas,

I am sorry, but SpywareBlaster and our immunization seem not to be compatible.
    It can happen that entries remove each other.
    I would recommend to decide for one protection of both.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

I beg to differ: In my personal experience using both, I find they are more compatible than not. Yes, there can be an occasional "difference of opinion", where typically Spybot removes one of SpywareBlaster's entries --- in fact, at the moment, Spybot's Immunization is removing what SpywareBlaster lists as an IE restricted site:
    CoolWebSearch #699 Okulta dot com
    It's a simple enough matter, AFTER immunizing [each weekly update] with Spybot, to then (re-)enable all protection with SpywareBlaster.

So immunize first with spybot then immunize with spywareblaster? and reimmunize the same way everytime there is an update with Spybot that requires reimmunization?

Quote Originally Posted by ky331 View Post
    I beg to differ: In my personal experience using both, I find they are more compatible than not. Yes, there can be an occasional "difference of opinion", where typically Spybot removes one of SpywareBlaster's entries --- in fact, at the moment, Spybot's Immunization is removing what SpywareBlaster lists as an IE restricted site:
    CoolWebSearch #699 Okulta dot com
    It's a simple enough matter, AFTER immunizing [each weekly update] with Spybot, to then (re-)enable all protection with SpywareBlaster.
    That's what I do, reimmunize each week with SpywareBlaster afterwards. I've never had SpywareBlaster remove any SpyBot S&D immunizations with an update, but it's happened several times that SpyBot S&D has removed SpywareBlaster's immunizations.

If you use SpywareBlaster to remove it's own immunizations, then it will remove any common immunizations that are also in SpyBot S&D's immunizations.

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello Thomas,

I am sorry, but SpywareBlaster and our immunization seem not to be compatible.
    It can happen that entries remove each other.
    I would recommend to decide for one protection of both.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    When you say that they are incompatible, is it just the problem with occasionally removing each other's entries, or is there something else?

Assuming there is nothing else, I have to agree with ky331 and Gopher John, that they are more compatible than not. Occasionally, they will remove 1 or 2 entires of the other, but considering that they both protect against several thousand entries, even if they disabled 1 or 2 hundred and the user didn't re-enable the protection, the overall amount of protection is still "in profit".

Also, when Spybot says "Unprotected: x", is that number guaranteed correct, or are you saying there could be some unprotected that Spybot doesn't know about?

Esteemed Member

I agree with ky331. There is no real conflict.