Thread: Which registry entries does TeaTimer protect?

Question Which registry entries does TeaTimer protect?

Where can I see the list of registry keys that Spybot is protecting?

I can't seem to find it in the help file, or in the program itself.

Thank you.

Hello,

TeaTimer monitors all processes.
    Some of the registry changes that are blocked come from our detection rules.
    There is no list of that.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

You mean the things that appear in the Resident.log?

For example, I can see that TeaTimer is protecting System Startup, Browser Helper Object, Session Manager and ActiveX Distribution Unit. These are all registry entires, correct? I assume there are others, but obviously I don't know everything that is covered, because this machine hasn't experienced everything.

Are you saying that this list has never been written down anywhere?

Thank you.

I have not dealt with the TeaTimer component for almost a year, but I can tell you what I recall from memory.

The things you mentioned should be a handful of the things that TeaTimer monitors and covers. Keep in mind, if no prompt occurs, it does not mean that you are "infected" or something disabled TeaTimer's monitoring mechanism. My best guess is that nothing significant occurred that may have triggered TeaTimer to inform you of a change.

I do recall there was a "Paranoia Mode" (past monitoring mode that informs you on every change possible) which is disabled by default in the newer builds of TeaTimer. So I can safely assume you are running a newer build so this "Paranoia Mode" is disabled.
    ^This new mode of monitoring does not inform the user because all the changes were deemed safe by TeaTimer. This new monitoring mode was designed to be unobtrusive.

Any other questions?