Thread: Avira & TeaTimer

Default Avira & TeaTimer

Question...

I got sick of AVG awhile ago, it was too annoying. So I ended up in a routine of downloading the antivirus, updating and running it, then uninstalling it. Did this for probably almost a year now. Haven't had any problems. I'm usually pretty cautious about what I click on.

I do keep spybot and superantispyware on regularly and run then regularly.

I heard some good things about Avira antivirus, so I thought I'd give it a try. It found 1 potential virus (A0014693.exe) and seemed to take care of it just fine.

However, when I have Avira activated, I can no longer interact with spybot or the TeaTimer. Is it normal for antivirus programs to block interaction with the TeaTimer?

I dunno if there's a setting I can change or something... or are they just not compatible with each other?

Is there a better free antivirus to run hand in hand with spybot?

You mean that Spybot doesn't work anymore after you've installed Avira? Try to reinstall Avira and Spybot if it helps. They shouldn't be incompatible at all. Did you enabled TeaTimer?

The TeaTimer icon is active on the taskbar, but while Avira is running I cannot click on it.

Usually I right click on the TeaTimer icon to start up Spybot for a scan. But while Avira is active, doesn't matter if I right click, left click, double click, nothing has any interaction with TeaTimer.

Then if I right click and disable Avira, now I can right click on TeaTimer and start up spybot again.
    Last edited by kingrobert; 2011-01-06 at 11:05.

Right-click on Avira Tray and select Configure AntiVir. Go to Guard > Scan > Exceptions and add exception to TeaTimer file.

I don't know any other solution. I've looked on Avira forums about this, but it seems that TeaTimer doesn't seem to go well with Avira. Try to get product update or downgrade to version 9.

I added TeaTimer to the exceptions list. And I restarted my computer (first restart since I noticed this problem).

They seem to be playing nicely together again... not sure which was the fix, the restart or the exception, but so far all is well.

Is there a better AV program to run alongside with spybot? I'd rather change anti-virus than change spybot.

I would have to agree that Avira's AntiVir is a great AV program; I know of it, but have not actually used it. I run avast! anti-virus.

To be straightforward, there is actually no "best" AV in the Internet; every anti-virus program is solid and provides sufficient protection. I hope you know that.

Please do not be concerned about this AV and Spybot issue; you should not worry now that everything is fine.

Like I said before, AntiVir is fine as it is.