Thread: Immunization problems w/Spybot S&D

Question Immunization problems w/Spybot S&D

For the last couple of months, every time I start Spybot up, there is always 44,000+ "unprotected" files under the Immunize tab even though I had previously immunized after updating. It successfully immunizes all unprotected files after clicking the "Immunize" tab, but after a reboot or shutdown, I open it back up and there it is again, 44K+ unprotected files.

I did a little research and thought it may be AVG 2011 Free Antivirus preventing S&D from immunizing, since this problem arose around the same time I upgraded from AVG 9 to AVG 2011, so I disabled all the modules then successfully updated/immunized Spybot (version 1.6.2) then re-enabled AVG. But once again, after rebooting and re-opening Spybot, there is still 44,000+ unprotected files.

I've used Spybot for a few years with minimal problems but I can't figure this one out. I'm on a Toshiba 2.5Ghz laptop w/1Gb ram and XP Home SP3 (32-bit) and using a wireless home connection to a Linksys router.

And no browsers are open (or their processes running) when I immunize.

I also run XP Pro SP3 (32 bit) on my desktop w/the same version of Spybot and it does not exhibit this behavior. I cannot find any online references to this problem, can anyone help?